by Billie Comeaux
Selecting a rug that enhances and complements your room design can be the key touch that brings everything together in harmony.
It’s important to remember that size — not just the style — changes the dynamic of your room.
Here are some points to keep in mind when choosing the perfect rug size.
- Define the dimensions of your room
- Keep at least 18” of floor as a border
- Large rugs make a room appear larger
- Multiple rugs in a large room can identify and divide different functions
- Layering a smaller rug on top of a larger one creates a trending duo of texture and color!
Comeaux is co-owner of American Factory Direct Furniture.